Home Based Childcare
- Maternity Nurses
- Employer's Liability For Parents
Early Years Settings
Out Of School Settings
Other Childcare Settings
Groups & Individuals
Employers' Liability - Insurance For Householders Employing Nannies
Our Employers’ Liability policy provides cover for you if you employ nannies, maternity nurses or doulas to work in your house.
Under UK law, all employees must be covered under an Employers’ Liability policy. Our policy provides protection for damages and legal costs that arise as a result of claims from your domestic staff suffering an injury or disease arising out of their employment.
You can apply online, all you need to do is download the editable PDF and email it back to us. If you meet all of the requirements we can offer immediate cover.
Or alternatively for further information and a free quotation please call our freephone number on 0800 975 4898 or email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limit of indemnity £10,000,000 (£5,000,000 for claims relating to asbestos or terrorism)
- No excess to pay
- 12 months cover – (minimum & deposit premium)
- Cost of defending a prosecution - under the Health and Safety at Work Act or any UK corporate Mansalughter/Homicide Act.
- Cost of representation - at any coroner's inquest or fatal accident inquiry
- Compensation for attendance - at court as a witness
- Unsatisfied court judgements extension - if an employee is injured at work by somebody else and the other person doesn't pay the court award
Cover applies to England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Chanel Islands and elsewhere in the world for a temporary basis.
Important Notes Regarding This Policy
- This is a deposit and minimum premium policy. This means that in the event of cancellation by you of this policy, no premium refund will be allowed
- We are unable to backdate cover, or start a policy before payment has been received
- Payment must be made in full, no instalments are available for this policy type
- If you have household insurance, please check with your insurer or broker that you do not currently have Employers Liability for Domestic Staff under your existing policy as we are unable to provide any refund once the policy has started
Employers’ Liability Premiums
One Employee £157.50*
Two Employees £290.00*
Three Employees £422.50*
Four or more Employees Please call for quote 0800 975 4898
* Premiums include Insurance Premium Tax (currently charged at 6%) and a £25 fee.
Premiums are based on the total number of domestic staff you employ whether full or part-time.