Article image

News and Insight

Anaphylaxis

Last week the inquest into the death of Nasar, a 14-year-old boy from North London, who died from an allergic reaction to his school dinner, revealed teachers had his Epipen in their hands, but did not know how to use it! The inquest concluded that despite having an EpiPen available, and a history of severe asthma and food allergies, the school neglected their duty of care by failing to use his Epipen.

Nasar's tragic death should be seen as a reminder of the potential severity of conditions such as asthma and anaphylaxis, which are often dismissed because they are so common. You could be working with someone with an acute allergy or have a child round to tea! Please ensure everyone knows how to administer an EpiPen.

First Aid for Life provides this information for guidance and it is not in any way a substitute for medical advice. First Aid for Life is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made, or actions taken based on this information.

May 2017

020 8603 0900

Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm

Fantastic benefits and discounts for Morton Michel policyholders

For all your business stationery needs to run your childcare setting effectively