Four leading childcare and education professionals came together from all parts of the UK to launch UK Nannies Matter Campaign after lengthy discussions during the Covid-19 lockdown.
The ongoing dispute of the Nanny industry has come to a head with very mixed messages from Government, Nanny Associations and Payroll Companies with the Covid-19 Pandemic.
The campaign aims to set minimum standards to become a professional nanny, outline a nanny pay-scale, to encourage policymakers to ensure safe-guarding of children by regulating nannies, and for parents to feel confident about who they employ as their Nanny that is taking care of their children within the home setting.
To Advocate Nannies in the Early Years Sector by:
• Creating a pay scale of salary in a grade format.
• Creating terms and conditions of employment through an employment contract.
• Creating a minimum requirement of knowledge and qualifications to benchmark a professional nanny.
• Provide a credible CPD journey to allow professional Nannies to adhere to, to maintain a certain standard within the industry.
• A system/register recognising credible child carers, similar to Ofsted regulating Childminders/Nurseries.
Providing Regulation would:
• Revise the quality and standard of care in the home-based Early Years Sector.
• Give Nannies a scale to work towards, giving them a vision, career path and guidance.
• Give parents reassurance of grades of childcare and value for salaries offered.
• Safeguarding of children
• General safety in the industry
Proposed Minimum Requirement of Professional Status:
• A recognised childcare qualification of study of at least 1 year-e.g. Cache L3 in Childcare/Early Years Foundation Degree
• Nanny Insurance
• DBS Enhanced Certificate
• 12 Hour Paediatric First Aid
The UK Nannies Matter Campaign is to have regulated guidelines for the Professional Nanny and to safeguard and educate employers and agencies. Regulating Nannies is a necessity, as it establishes a high-quality of childcare, safeguards children and empowers Nannies as a Professional.
Morton Michel, Norland and Sue Atkins are some of our founding supporters of the UK Nannies Matter Campaign.
Further information on our supporters can be found on
A petition was launched on 5th May and the UK Nannies Matter Campaign is gaining traction. The petition can be found here https://bit.ly/35RFlph
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm