Employers’ Liability Insurance for domestic staff
As the longest serving insurance broker in the childcare sector, you can trust us to deliver insurance protection that is designed to really work for you.
Established in 1964, we pride ourselves on delivering high quality insurance, risk management and service solutions tailored specifically for the childcare and education sectors. We are committed in supporting our policyholders and provide key information to help you make informed decisions regarding your insurance options.
Is this the right policy for me?
Our Employers' Liability insurance policy provides cover for you if you employ nannies, carers or domestic staff to work in your house.
Under UK law, all employees must be covered under an Employers' Liability policy. Our policy provides protection for damages and legal costs that arise as a result of claims from your domestic staff suffering an injury or disease arising out of their employment.
If you have household insurance, please check with your insurer or broker that you do not currently have Employers' Liability for Domestic Staff under your existing policy.
Our Employers' Liability insurance policy includes the following cover:
- £10,000,000 Limit of indemnity (£5,000,000 for claims relating to asbestos or terrorism)
- Cost of defending a prosecution - under the Health and Safety at Work Act or any UK corporate Manslaughter/Homicide Act.
- Cost of representation - at any coroner's inquest or fatal accident inquiry
- Compensation for attendance - at court as a witness
- Unsatisfied court judgements - if an employee is injured at work by somebody else and the other person doesn't pay the court award
You will not be covered for:
- Fines, penalties and putative awards.
- Claims or circumstances that you are aware of that have been or should have been reported to a previous policy
Cover applies to England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands and elsewhere in the world for a temporary basis.
These are just some of the significant features, policy benefits, exclusions and limitations of the policy. Please see the policy summary guide for more details. Full terms and conditions can be found in the policy wording.
Important Notes Regarding This Policy
- We are unable to backdate cover, or start a policy before payment has been received
- Payment must be made in full, no instalments are available for this policy type
*If you are an existing policyholder and your policy was taken out prior to the 1st December 2023, please log in to your Morton Michel portal to see your current Policy Documents or call us on 0300 058 9861.
More insurance for your childcare business
Morton Michel can arrange the following insurance policies for you, at an additional cost:contact us
Insurance for the family
Morton Michel policyholders can benefit from discounted insurance on the following leisure and lifestyle policies from our sister company, Thistle Insurance Services Limited. The discount code is available to Morton Michel policyholders in the Morton Michel ChildCare Club.
Please see the websites below for details of the products offered by Thistle Insurance Services Limited.