Employers' Liability Insurance
0800 804 8007
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Our Employers’ Liability insurance policy provides cover for you if you employ nannies, maternity nurses, doulas, carers or domestic staff to work in your house.
Under UK law, all employees must be covered under an Employers’ Liability policy. Our policy provides protection for damages and legal costs that arise as a result of claims from your domestic staff suffering an injury or disease arising out of their employment.
For further information please call us on 0800 804 8007 or email us at email@example.com.
Employers' Liability Insurance Cover Includes
- Limit of indemnity £10,000,000
(£5,000,000 for claims relating to asbestos or terrorism)
- No excess to pay
- 12 months cover
- Cost of defending a prosecution - under the Health and Safety at Work Act or any UK corporate Mansalughter/Homicide Act.
- Cost of representation - at any coroner's inquest or fatal accident inquiry
- Compensation for attendance - at court as a witness
- Unsatisfied court judgements extension - if an employee is injured at work by somebody else and the other person doesn't pay the court award
Cover applies to England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands and elsewhere in the world for a temporary basis.
For details of the policy cover please view the Key Facts Document and Policy Wording documents.
Important Notes Regarding This Policy
- We are unable to backdate cover, or start a policy before payment has been received
- Payment must be made in full, no instalments are available for this policy type
- If you have household insurance, please check with your insurer or broker that you do not currently have Employers Liability for Domestic Staff under your existing policy
Employers' Liability Insurance Annual Premiums
- One Employee £100.80*
- Two Employees £201.60*
- Three Employees £302.40*
- Four or more Employees Please call for quote 020 3824 8477
* Premiums include Insurance Premium Tax.
Premiums are based on the total number of domestic staff you employ whether full or part-time.