Household insurance for childcarers
As the longest serving insurance broker in your sector, you can trust us to deliver insurance protection that is designed to really work for you.
Established in 1964, we pride ourselves on delivering high quality insurance, risk management and service solutions tailored specifically for the childcare and education sectors. We are committed in supporting our policyholders and provide key information to help you make informed decisions regarding your insurance options.
Is this the right policy for me?
Working in childcare, we understand your business will often have a variety of specialised needs. Our competitive premiums are suitable for:
- Families employing childcare
- Home based businesses – tutors, classes, groups, or nurseries
Please note this policy is NOT available via other Brokers/Intermediaries and is ONLY available to clients directly.
What makes us different?
In addition to the standard cover you would expect with your household insurance policy, we offer a range of value-added benefits including:
- a dedicated, specialist team who understands the requirements of the childcare and education sector and the challenges you face every day.
- additional benefits and discounts through our exclusive ChildCare Club.
- access to an exclusive discount portal offering a wide range of retail discounts from well-known high street stores, for you and your family.
- flexible payment options on our household insurance policy.
*Morton Michel ChildCare Club Benefits, and the Employee Benefits Hub do not form part of the FCA regulated products. These are provided as an additional service.
- Buildings and/or contents cover, dependent on your needs.
- Cover for when you’re working with children from your home.
- Flexible cover regarding numbers of children, working with other childminders, and employing staff/assistants, as long as Ofsted, or your registering authority's, requirements, are met.
- Accidental damage, for damage done accidentally by a child in your care or in connection with your childcare business.
- Childminding business equipment cover, such as IT equipment.
When taking out household insurance, Morton Michel acts as your agent and represents more than one insurer. We will use our experience and expertise to find the policy for you from a panel of insurers
We offer flexible payment options, so you can choose to pay in one go or with fixed monthly payments.
When you’re ready to find out more, please complete the form below and one of our knowledgeable team will be in touch to discuss your policy and premium.
Please visit our terms and conditions page where you will find our Terms of Business.
Want to extend your cover?
You can choose optional sections of cover at an additional cost, when purchasing your insurance including:
- Cover for home emergencies, such as boiler breakdown or electrical failure
- Employer’s liability cover for those employing a childcare professional in their home
More insurance for your childcare business
Morton Michel can arrange the following insurance policies for you, at an additional cost:CONTACT US