Nanny Policy

Frequently Asked Questions

For further information simply click on the relevant question

FAQ icon
  • Why do I need public liability insurance?
  • Can I apply for insurance online?
  • What are the Ofsted Voluntary Register, the Voluntary part of the Childcare Approval Scheme (CAS) and the Social Care and Social Work Improvement Scotland (SCSWIS) approved bodies?
  • How many children am I covered for?
  • Am I covered if I take the children on outings?
  • Am I covered in a nanny share agreement?
  • Am I covered if I nanny abroad with my employers' family?
  • Will I receive a policy document telling me exactly what I'm covered for?
  • Supposing a child has an accident during the period of my insurance policy but does not bring a claim against me until months or years later, when I no longer have a policy in force. Will I still be covered?
  • Am I covered for taking minded children in my car?
  • So, what is contingent motor liability?
  • Do my employer's need their own insurance for me to work in their home?
  • Am I covered if I provide babysitting services?

020 8603 0942

Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm

Great reasons to insure with Morton Michel

Over 50 years’ experience in childcare insurance

Market leaders in childcare insurance

Family run friendly business

Easy to arrange insurance cover – online quotations available

No call centre, just personal and honest service

Helplines for tax, health, medical, domestic and counselling services 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year at no extra cost

Quick and efficient response to any queries and claims

Automatic entry to the Morton Michel ChildCare Club giving you and your staff access to exclusive benefits and discounts